Yoga & Psyche: Psychological Integration Through Yoga
April 12-14, 2013
Esalen Institute, Big Sur
Mariana Caplan is a PhD, MFT, SEP, is the author of 7 books including: Eyes Wide Open: Cultivating Discernment on the Spiritual Path. She is a psychotherapist in Marin and worldwide, specializing in working with spiritual practitioners who wish to do psychological work. She is also the co-founder of the Center for World Spirituality.
She is offering a wonderful program this April at Esalen.
Have you noticed that no matter how many times we chant om, or how often we return to the breath, relationship difficulties, anxiety, depression, and self-esteem issues persist? By learning to use our yoga practice to work with psychological issues and trauma stored in the body, not only can we optimize our yoga practice, but also actively move into our full potential. Furthermore, therapists and other healing professionals learn to use the insights of yoga as well as practices, to deepen their work with clients.
During this workshop, new and experienced yoga students and teachers can learn how to skillfully address psychological challenges, as well as:
- Somatic psychotherapy methods that help us perceive and intelligently process trauma and emotion in the body
- How do offer “emotional adjustments” during one’s own yoga practice and teaching
- How to cultivate self-love and self-acceptance for all parts of ourselves
- Why psychological work is relevant to yoga practice
- What new possibilities emerge in the marriage of these two great and vast disciplines – ancient yoga and depth psychology
Therapists and psychologists who are not familiar with yoga practice, philosophy, and insights, will come out of the workshop able to use these significant insights, as well as those of somatic psychology, to deepen work with clients. CEUs are available for therapists and healing professionals.
All set amid the warm, clifftop healing waters of Esalen, where food tastes like love, meditation temples rest atop waterfalls, and nature is at its most nurturing.